Welcome to The Fertiliser Association of New Zealand
The Fertiliser Association promotes and encourages responsible and scientifically-based nutrient management.
Managing nutrients well is in all our interests, both for economic benefit and environmental management.
To promote best management practices, The Fertiliser Association develops training programmes, funds research, participates in government and local body working groups, and works closely with other organisations in the agricultural sector.
Founded over 60 years ago, The Fertiliser Association (formerly the New Zealand Fertiliser Manufacturers' Research Association) is an industry association funded by member companies to address issues of common public good. Ballance Agri-Nutrients and Ravensdown Fertiliser Co-operative are the current members, which manufacture, distribute and market around 98% of all fertilisers sold in New Zealand.
The Fertiliser Association News and promotions
The Fertiliser Association awaits UN review on Western Sahara
View our statement here.
The Fertiliser Association has sponsored a cross-curriculum school resource published in the New Zealand Teacher's magazine starters&strategies (Term One 2015) to celebrate the 2015 International Year of Soils
OVERSEER® Best Practice Data Input Standards
Latest version of OVERSEER® Best Practice Data Input Standards, Version 6.1.3 (Published August 2014) are now available.
Certification Programme Website
The Nutrient Management Adviser Certification Programme defines the standards for people to meet to provide certified nutrient management advice.
- Nutrient Management Planner
- Part of the Nutrient Management Code of Practice, this interactive nutrient management planning tool lets individual land managers assess their individual on-farm situation.
- Latest Fertiliser Matters
- Fertiliser Matters is a topical quarterly newsletter. Read recent issues online.
- Sign-up to receive Fertiliser Matters
- Fertiliser Matters is a topical quarterly newsletter. Sign-up here to receive it via email.